|Team Registration Opens
|Earlybird Entries Close
||20 Oct, 5pm
||27 Oct, 5pm
|Standard Entries Close
||3 Nov, 5pm
||10 Nov, 5pm
|Bib Personalisation Expires
|Race Pack Delivery
||10 – 15 Nov
||17 – 22 Nov
|Late Entries Close
||17 Nov, 6pm
||24 Nov, 6pm
||Venue open for team tents
||Info tent open for late pickups & changes
||All vehicles removed from race site
||Team photos commence
||Info tent closes
||Last team photos
||Compulsory race briefing
||Final finisher (approx.)
||Vehicles permitted onto race site for pack up
||Event and venue closes
All entrants into the Corporate Challenge Series will receive a fantastic dry fit tee to mark their participation. There are two different colour styles, one for the woman’s sizes and one for the unisex sizes. A great shirt for running in, you’re sure to get more than a few envious stares at the gym. Your t-shirt will be sent to your team manager with your race number and timing chip. You don’t have to wear it on the day and many teams taking part run or walk in their own company t-shirts – which just adds to the team camaraderie and friendly competition. Please use the tables below to carefully choose which size will fit you best.
Important! Compare the chest measurement with a favourite t-shirt to be sure of your sizing. Our measurements are taken with the t-shirt laid on a flat surfaces. The length measurement is taken from the top of the neckline to the bottom of the shirt. The Chest measurement is taken from armpit to armpit.
Start Line Congestion
We don’t want anyone to feel as though they can’t participate in the event. If you’re worried about starting close to people, we’ll have the start line open for a minimum of 15 minutes and you may start whenever you like in that period. Please use this time to maintain social distancing if needed. Your official time will not start until your cross the timing mats.
Hand sanitiser will be readily available at the refueling station, crew tent and waste stations areas. Please help yourself as often as needed.
Important! Please do not attend if you:
- are unwell
- are a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- are waiting for a test result for COVID-19
- are self-isolating.
Continue to practice good hygiene. This means:
- Keeping 2 metres away from people you don’t know
- Covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- Disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- Using the hand sanitiser located around the event site:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
It is a requirement of your participation in the event that you wear your race number on the front of your shirt at all times whilst taking part. Your number should be secured to your shirt by a safety pin in each corner (don’t worry if you don’t have any, we’ll have plenty available on race day). Your electronic timing tag is attached to the back of your race number so be careful not to crease, crush or puncture it.
Race numbers will include your team name and the first name of the person taking part, making it almost impossible to get them mixed up!
Important! Race numbers are printed when standard team entries close 14 days prior to each event. If you register after this date, your race number will have a blank space for the individual name and team name. If you make swaps to your team members after this date, the name of the original team member will still be on the race numbers. If you want a blank number as a replacement, it will cost $10, but why not just get busy with a sharpie or print the new name out and stick it on top?
* Teams of 3 or fewer members will need to collect their race number and cap/visor at the event.
Important! Please don’t lose your race number. Replacement numbers are $10.
When you receive your race number, your electronic timing tag will be attached to the back. The timing tag is disposable and we are sure you will appreciate the convenience of not having to attach a plastic tag to your shoes and then return it at the finish. All you have to remember is to secure your race number to the front of your shirt and you’re all set. Try to avoid holding your arm in front of the number as you cross the finish line (e.g. to turn off your watch) as this can sometimes affect the tag reading. Just wait until a few steps after the timing mat.
Important! There is no need to return your timing tag.
- Corporate Challenge Christchurch is held entirely within Hagley Park North on the wide footpaths. Whilst there should not be any vehicles on the course, you must still keep your wits about you for emergency or race vehicles and please be mindful of other users of the footpaths.
- Corporate Challenge Wellington takes place mostly on the wonderful Wellington waterfront. Whilst there should not be any vehicles on the course, you should be particularly careful at the road crossing right next to Waitangi Park and the entrance to the Freyberg Pool car park. There is also the chance of service vehicles around Te Papa and the basin.
- A full road closure is in effect for all parts of the Corporate Challenge Auckland course. Despite this, we still ask competitors to be careful of any encroaching vehicles, especially around the Museum loading dock and cars leaving parking spaces near the Wintergarden.
Parking around the event venues can be especially challenging on race day and it pays to plan ahead. Many teams come to the venue earlier in the day to drop off tents and BBQs and get everything ready for later on. Unfortunately, there are no dedicated event parking areas available to us for any of the events, so parking in surrounding areas is the best option and please, please …. ride share with your team mates.
Parking around north hagley fills up early on event night. There is a large parking area for the botanic gardens but this will fill up and it can be frustrating to drive all the way in there and then have to inch your way back out again. There are lots of city parking facilities close to the venue.
Most teams taking part at Corporate Challenge Wellington find the short walk from the CBD to the race venue to be the perfect warm up. Street parking around the area is very limited but Metlink has services which stop directly opposite the venue at Waitangi Park.
Street parking is your best option for Corporate Challenge Auckland unless you can get in and get parked on Football Rd or Grangstand Rd South before the road closures come into effect. Allow an extra 10 minutes to walk to the venue.
Refunds & Withdrawal Policy
The terms of our refund policy are defined below. Your acceptance of these terms is included within the event waiver that you acknowledged when registering for any of our events:
- Withdrawals must be requested at least 4 weeks prior to the event and will not be processed after this date.
- If the entry fee had been paid upon registration, your entry will be withdrawn and your refund processed. In most cases, the refund will be credited directly to the card used to make the original payment and will be made within 48 hours of acceptance of your request. It may take longer than this, however, for your card company to credit your account and this is outside of our hands to influence.
- If you submitted a bulk team entry and are removing a team member from your team, their entry will be withdrawn and an updated invoice emailed to you.
- We do not offer refunds for administrative errors on your part or change of mind.
- All bulk team entries standing at 4 weeks or less before the event will be invoiced and payment expected accordingly.
- Team member substitutions can be made 4 weeks or less before the event at no cost. You can do this via the login page or by contacting the organisers prior to the race start.
- Team member additions can still be made 4 weeks or less before the event with the entry fee applied as per the Earlybird / Standard / Late entry fee expiry dates.
Important! Please do not email us asking for an exception. We do not reply to requests for refunds outside of the terms stated here. Information on Postponements and Cancellations can be found under the Entry Fee table.
Download a poster
Get your workmates involved by downloading our poster. Print it out for the office noticeboard. Click on the relevant thumbnail below to download it.
Competition Rules & Prizes
The Corporate Challenge encourages friendly competition between colleagues, firms and individuals. Although the emphasis is on the fun of participation, we also look forward to acknowledging athletic excellence. Even if you are not a front-runner, you could still be heading home with one of our excellent spot prizes!
Beautiful glass trophies will be awarded to:
- Overall Teams …
- Male Teams: First, Second and Third
- Female Teams: First, Second and Third
- Industry Teams …
- Top male & female Accounting teams
- Top male & female Finance/Insurance teams
- Top male & female Government/Health teams
- Top male & female Legal teams
- Top male & female Sport/Leisure teams
- Top male & female Technology
- Top male & female Transport/Construction teams
- Individual Awards …
- Top Male & Female Overall
- Top Male & Female CEO
Important! Industry categories may be modified slightly based on the number of teams registered for each event.
Eligibility Rules & Time Calculation
We take the times (Note: GUN time is used) of the top 3 eligible male members of your team to arrive at your Male Team time and place, and the same with the top 3 eligible females. In addition to the overall winning male and female teams, we have trophies in a number of industry categories as well as individual awards for the overall winners and the fastest CEO.
To be an eligible team member, the person must be a bona fide full or part-time employee of the company or a full or part-time contractor working exclusively for that company. Any business or organisation can register a team, but to be eligible for team awards, the organisation must meet the criteria for team members to be earning a living from that organisation. Therefore, sports clubs, groups of friends and other informal teams cannot be eligible for team awards. Any participant who is not an eligible team member must be marked as “FNF” (Friends & Family) on the team sheet.
Anyone taking part in the event is eligible to win the overall male and female individual trophies.
To be eligible for the CEO Challenge trophy, the person must be the CEO, CFO, CTO, or COO of the business or organisation and must be recorded as such on the official team sheet or online form.
Many participants come along simply for the joy of being part of their team and being part of this great event. They are not too bothered about how fast they go around the track and many people choose to walk with their friends and workmates. No one should feel that they are excluded from the event because they are not a runner.
Important! For the safety and enjoyment of all competitors, we ask that all walkers and slower joggers:
- start towards the back of the field,
- keep LEFT for the first 1.5km in Christchurch, the first 2.5km in Wellington and the first lap in Auckland
- during the keep left period, walk no more than 2 abreast
It is compulsory for all participants to attend, listen to and heed the advice of the safety briefing. Above all else, however, please understand that no roads are closed during the event. You have sole responsibility for your own safety. Do not leave any pavement, cross any road, pass any driveway unless you deem it is safe for you to do so.
A copy of the health and safety plan is available on request which covers your behaviour and spectators who accompany you to the event. Please remind your own spectators that they should not attempt to accompany you in vehicles, bikes or otherwise. They must follow the normal rules of the road to reach vantage points.
Important! A copy of the approved Health & Safety plan will be available from Running Events on request.
Remember that other a very small area near the start and finish of the event, all roads are open to the public at all times. Stick to the pavement where one exists and do not cross any intersection unless you have determined to your own satisfaction that it is safe to do so.
Please remember the golden rule … Always give way to vehicles. No matter who has right of way, vehicles always win.